Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Worth the Wait

I'm not sure this blog is entirely worth the wait, but I'm back; but only for a brief visit.

Things are BUSY (I know, you're busy too!). The end of the semester always keeps me busy. Between averaging grades, grading papers, meeting with students...did I mention grading papers?...I stay really preoccupied.

Anyway, for fun I decided to talk about my new apartment. It's so cute and coming together nicely. One day I'll be finished decorating, but for now it is all mine and I love it. Here are a few pictures to let you get a glimpse of my favorite place:

1.) My bathroom. Of course, there are actually toiletries in there now, but I really love the shower curtain. What you can't see is the clear curtain on the inside of the shower. It has pockets!! I can put my shampoo, soaps, etc. in the pockets! I looove it!!!


2.) The front door. It's purple and there are LOTS of plants outside. You may notice the two trees on the left. They are fig trees! I love figs!!!

3.) My two favorite chairs in my tiny living room. I found these chairs at a second hand store in town. Great deal and great condition. Can't complain...and again, I love them :)

 
4.) My bedroom. Eventually I will add some curtains over the closet space so it doesn't look so cluttered, but I do love the storage space. Plenty of room for all my clothes, shoes, accessories, etc.

5.) Last, my favorite room: the KITCHEN!!! I love so many things about my super tiny kitchen. First, it's cute. Second, I love the pie safe and kitchen island (bought them both at local stores). Third, the appliances (refrigerator and oven) are brand new. Can't complain about that!
Pie safe with wine rack, of course! 
Kitchen island. Absolutely necessary due to VERY minimal counter space
A bit sloppy, but there you have the other side of the kitchen! Did I mention I love the original 1930s sink??
There you have it, folks! My very first apartment! Quite the stepping stone in my life. Maybe one day I'll actually get to spend some time there!

No comments:

Post a Comment