Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Solution: Part 2

I believe most health experts these days would say taking some time for yourself-a vacation, if you will-is a good health move. We live in a world where we never stop; or at least I do. I'm fortunate enough to have a schedule which allows me to take more time off than most people. I usually have weekends free and don't actually have to go to the office more than 2-3 days a week. Even with all the "free" time I have, I'm still bogged down with school work (grading papers and planning classes), volunteer work (which I'm glad to do and feel I owe it to my community), and taking time to visit and help my grandparents. Also, I have a tendency to overbook myself and not say "no" when I should.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about my life, schedule, or all of the incredibly awesome things I get to do. But, I do know that it is time for me to take a break, even if for only a few days. The past weekend was exhausting. Between finishing the semester, driving (10 hours) from Georgia to Texas, celebrating my brother-in-law's graduation and driving 10 more hours from Georgia to Missouri (I should mention, up to this point, the driving has all been solo), I'm beginning to feel stretched thin. I noticed this when I snapped at my wonderful boyfriend this morning.

There is a bright side to all this, we (my boyfriend and I) left Missouri last night and have begun our 13 hour drive to the North Carolina beach! Although we will be spending some of our time visiting his parents and our friends in NC, we will also be spending a few days at the beach. There is something so relaxing and rejuvenating about being on and near the ocean. Luckily, we will be both near and on the ocean since there is a boat accessible. 

Hopefully with this little vacation I'll be refreshed and renewed. Ready to exercise and take on the summer. Vacations are always a good thing...usually!

No comments:

Post a Comment