Thursday, March 8, 2012

Busy days

I've been horrible about writing here...and I'm sorry for that. But, you know, life is busy and things happen, so our best plans are often changed to something entirely different.

Anyway, I figured I might as well write a little update.

Yesterday I joined the other millions of lease-bound adults by signing on (for the first time ever) to rent my very own apartment! I'm excited and nervous. Plus kinda sad about leaving my grandparents when my granddad is so sick. It is such a bittersweet situation. However, once I found out I'd be coming back to my job next year, I decided it was time to stop commuting an hour to work and get an apartment in town. This will open up so many new opportunities for me to make friends, become more involved on campus, and learn to live solo!

As of right now, the only furniture I have is a bed, t.v. shelf and chest of drawers. I don't have a t.v., couch, chairs...nothing. However, those things will come with time. In fact, I think it will be pretty fun getting to decorate an apartment from scratch! I'm going to spend some time searching used furniture stores and try to get some lightly used retro furniture. I want my apartment to be funky!

In other news, my brother is back home as of today! In fact, he is probably getting ready to land in Louisiana and see his family for the first time in nine months. I'm so proud of him for serving in the military, and also very ready for him to be back home and not in Afghanistan.

My parents and sister will be here this weekend, which means I probably won't be updating too much. Hopefully I'll do some moving and get my bed set up in the apartment. The power has been transferred to my name and the water is on, so as long as I've got a place to sleep I can stay there until I'm all moved in and ready to go.

Workouts have been okay. And only okay, which is disappointing. I feel like I've been so busy that I haven't had time to do the 'hardcore' exercising I'd like to do PLUS all of my other obligations. One day I'm going to learn to say no ;)

How's you, dear reader?

No comments:

Post a Comment