Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oh, hey there!

I'm sorry, I'll admit that I almost forgot about you, dear blog. However, just before you fell off my radar, I remembered some of my friends' blogs and that prompted me to remember my OWN blog. So, here I am, after a very nice spring break, getting ready to finish the semester.

About 10 days ago I left for Missouri and got back yesterday! Classes resumed today!! Ahhhh! It's nice to be back in the swing of things, but I'll admit it took a little while to remember how. Breaks like this always remind me of afternoon naps. They're really nice, but more often than not I wake up feeling slightly groggy and a bit disoriented. When I flew back yesterday, I had to take a few minutes to get my thoughts in order and figure out what I needed to do to get ready for the week. This included trying to recall my schedule, classes, obligations, and everything else you disregard when on a vacation.

But, after a successful day, things are back on track. Whew! The only thing that isn't exactly on track is my exercise regime. Yeah, about that, I didn't do everything I had planned while on vacation. That's not to say I did NOTHING--I just didn't do the norm. So, starting tomorrow I'm going to get back in the swing of things. Summer is so close (swimsuits and cute summer clothes!!) and my pretty Easter dress would look so much better on me if I would shed half an inch (or a few pounds).

Last thing to note is I spent my first night alone in the new apartment last night. It was nice; nothing overly thrilling, but it did feel good to stay at my own place. There are still several boxes lying around, but things are organized such that I can walk around and get to what I need. The boxes mainly contain books and winter clothes. They will be unpacked as I go along. I've got the important things: a bed, a bathroom, towels, soap, toothbrush, coffee and coffee maker, bread, peanut butter, warm water and electricity. I'm not sure I NEED much else :)

Tomorrow it's back to working out, eating right and finishing the last 4 weeks of my first year as a college teacher! Yaya!

1 comment: