Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ah, a day off :) Seriously, I love my days off from workouts. In fact, I didn't do much productive today AT ALL. Tomorrow I've got to get serious with school work!

This week is going to be a slight challenge (exercise, wise). Not only will I be attempting to do my workouts in the morning, but I'm also adding extra cardio. On March 3, I'm running my first 5K!!! I figure this is a right step in the direction towards running that 1/2 Marathon. This 5K is a bit special because it is an obstacle course that not only includes both man-made and natural obstacles, but also ZOMBIES!!! Yes, that's right, folks. Zombies. I'm so excited!

Anyway, I don't want the zombies to get me and turn me into a zombie (that's part of the challenge-not allowing the zombies to take all your flags and turn you into one of them), so I MUST prepare! On MWF (cardio days), I'm going to add 30 extra minutes of cardio/5K Zombie training. I won't go too crazy this week (don't want to get sore and wear myself out too soon), but I've only got 3 weeks before the race, so I can't hold off the training.

Here's the plan for now:
Sunday: Early afternoon sculpt at gym (use weights instead of band)
Monday: AM P90 cardio followed by 1 mile jog/brisk walk (It's been a while since I ran any distance outside, not on a treadmill. I'm not sure if I can make it a mile, but I'm going to try. I've got three weeks to get my distance up to 3.1 miles plus obstacles!)
Tuesday: AM sculpt at home w/ bands
Wednesday: AM P90 cardio followed by 10 hill sprints (5 run up/5 run down), 10 spreepers (This is a new word I just made up. Essentially, I'll do a sprint then get down on my belly and belly crawl or "creep"...get it? Sprint + Creep = spreep.) Not sure on the distance since I'll be doing it in my yard...so, whatever the length of the front lawn is, I suppose.
Thursday: AM sculpt w/bands (MUST do this. I have piano lessons in the evening so I don't get home until almost 6:30. Then I eat dinner with my grandparents, so I can't work out until almost 8pm. That's too late. I'm too tired and the workout at that point is not nearly as good as it could be.)
Friday: AM cardio followed by 30 min brisk walk up the mountain (I'm going to assume I'll be pretty tired by this point in the week. So, to avoid complete exhaustion, Friday will be a walk but I'll make sure it's helpful for the obstacle course by going up the mountain side of the neighborhood.)

In other news: I'm making my boyfriend an awesome Valentine's gift. I'll disclose more later-right now it's a secret since he could potentially look here and find out (though I don't think he actually reads this). I have my moments of craftiness and this is one of them.

I ordered a king cake to use as my birthday cake next weekend. Hopefully next weekend's birthday celebrations are epic. Sadly, I don't believe Wednesday (my actual birthday) will be as fabulous as I'd like. I've already found out my grandparents will be going to dinner with some friends, and I'm pretty much friendless here (yeah...that's something I need to work on). So any birthday celebrations on Wednesday will be with me and me alone. I cried when my grandmother broke the news to me (I think she genuinely felt bad about the commitment), but not in front of her. That would be too embarrassing. Anyway, I may just take myself out for sushi or something else wonderful.

Okay, enough chit-chat for now. Gotta go to bed. I've got a long day of church, working out, school work, concerts, practicing clarinet and piano, and Valentine's projects to do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment