Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Girly Girls

Although most people reserve Valentine's day for their romantic love, I really try to let my best girl friends know how much they mean to me. Boys have come and gone throughout my life. Other than my dad, granddads, brother and uncles, no guy has constantly been there on Valentine's day.

So, on this Valentine's Day I am being thankful for my best girlfriends who've been there through the good and bad. When I was "taken" and didn't have time for girl nights, you still loved me. You were all still there when the guy didn't work out and I came back crying and bemoaning my bad fortune. You didn't say "I told you so" (until much later when I was over him); instead you listened, supported me and said what a creep he was for not wanting me.

And, remember those times we were single? Those were great! We had fun looking at cute guys, trying on clothes, going out, not caring a bit what anyone else thought, planning our futures, traveling, laughing, crying....

Now that we're all taken (married, engaged, with child, in a relationship, etc.), well, life is still good. We still talk on the phone (as often as possible), write letters, plan visits, imagine, laugh, and grow together (even though most of us are separated by distance...lots of it). 

I'm lucky to have as many fabulous girl friends as I do. If everyone of my best friends are in my wedding, my wedding party is going to be massive. Thank you all for being there and loving me with all my flaws and crazy tendencies. I love you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment