Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fitness Update

I haven't done much updating on the fitness side of things, so here you go:

Work outs are going well. I've varied things on the occasion by working out at the gym rather than the house. This means I don't always do the P90 exercise. I still feel I'm getting the same quality of workout, though. I figure in another 10-15 days I should be able to start the next video in P90, which means harder, more intense workouts. Hopefully that will equal more weight loss and muscle definition.

A few people have told me they think I've lost some weight. The scale did say I've lost 6 pounds. However, I wish it was more. But, I know I'm starting somewhere. I guess 6 pounds is about right when you consider that the healthiest weight loss is 2-3 pounds a week AFTER you've gained some muscle mass.

Today I'll be going to the gym to do some running. My first 5K is this weekend. I'm not sure I'm ready for it, but sometimes you just gotta jump in and sink or swim. I'm pretty sure I'll survive, but it's gonna be TOUGH!

I got pretty motivated last night after watching the Biggest Loser. It's one of my favorite reality style shows. It's actually descent and does something good for people. Anyway, today I'm going to try a Biggest Loser style workout at the gym. I can push myself pretty hard today and still have enough time to "heal" before the race on Saturday.

Oh, yesterday I went to the gym at 5pm to lift weights (instead of using the resistance band like I usually do). I am pretty proud of myself for sticking it out. The gym was kinda full AND everyone there was fit, lean, muscular and pretty. I find it embarrassing to work out at the gym when you're around all those super healthy people who run laps around you. But, then I remembered a quote that goes something like this: "I may not run laps around the people at the gym, but I'm running laps around people on their couch doing nothing." It made me feel good and I finished my workout!

So, time for some gym action! Later, gator! 

No comments:

Post a Comment