Friday, February 24, 2012

Whew...

What a week. Things have been incredibly hectic between visits from friends, work, travel, and exercising.

So, quick update:
-My best friend in the world (Hannah) came to visit on Tuesday. She left early this morning. While here, we went to a museum, played the piano, talked and laughed (lots), went to Atlanta and saw the Atlanta Symphony, rearranged my work office and did some shopping. Overall, it was a fantastic visit. Now it's my turn to visit her.
-I've somehow managed to keep up with Power 90 this week. Admittedly, I didn't do the entire workout yesterday. I woke up late, so it had to be a quick version. But at least I did what I could. Today I ran instead of doing the entire cardio (gotta get ready for the 5K next weekend); however, I did do the P90 yoga and ab routine.
-My aunt and little 18mo. old cousin is visiting this weekend. It's nice to have visitors, but this means I have NO free weekends before Spring Break. Somehow I've got to figure out how I'll squeeze in all of my school work. I can do it.
-Next weekend is the zombie run. This means I'll be running again on Monday then taking it kinda easy for the remainder of the week.
-I weighed at the gym today and I've lost 3 pounds! Woo-hoo!!!

BEST NEWS of the YEAR:
My teaching job has been renewed, so I'll remain at UWG for at least another year! It is both a relief and incredibly exciting! As a bit of a celebration, I rearranged my office and bought a few little items to decorate and make it more comfy for me to work in. I found an amazing store that sells antique/retro items. While walking around, I came across a fabulous red and orange lamp and a few cute mirrors. The combination has really made my office a bit more comfortable and quirky (which is right up my alley).

I'm looking forward to another year of perfecting my teaching. It will be nice to have a summer to evaluate what I've done and get ready for the year. I went in to this school year with such short notice that I've been making things up as I go, but next year I'm hoping to be completely ready with lots of great teaching ideas and plans!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment: