Wednesday, February 1, 2012

3/2; Fruit is an option

Damn the yoga in the P90 work out! It's hard. And frustrating. I felt I'd made some progress on Monday...but today was REALLY difficult. Then again, I'd had a day off on Saturday (and hadn't done yoga since Friday), so my muscles had time to heal. Hopefully I'll see progress next Monday...

It's crazy how fruit works as a sugar/candy substitute. I've stopped drinking sodas, chewing gum and am seriously limiting my desserts (I usually allow myself a MODERATE dessert once a week). However, limiting my intake does not change the the fact that I still occasionally CRAVE sweets. But, I have noticed the cravings are less than they used to be. Anyway, the point is, I've started having fresh fruit when I want something sweet. Apples, oranges, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, etc.

Right now I'm having a  red, white, and blue fruit salad--patriotic!! (blueberries, strawberries, bananas). When I want something creamy (like ice cream), I add cottage cheese. It's NOT the same thing as ice cream. I won't lie to you. Ice cream and frozen yogurt are one two my very favorite things on earth. But, since I can't have it daily, or as often as I want, the cottage cheese and fruit combination will do. To make things a little sweeter (when the fruit just won't do, or isn't as sweet as I'd like), I add honey. It's not bad, and it helps get rid of that sweet tooth.

People have always said that once you stop eating sweets, processed sugars and even artificial sweeteners daily (or multiple times a day) you won't crave them as much. It's true. I hate to admit it...but they aren't lying. Also, I'll say it again, the fruit is actually really sweet and delicious once you've gotten away from all the other "bad" sugars. Damn nutritionists always being right...

On a different note, concerning this blog, I think I'll make an effort to learn how to make it a little more friendly to the reading audience (which I think only consists of about 2 people). I'm going to figure out how to post pictures and links (well, I know how to post links), but I could at least add some pictures, like maybe the picture of my patriotic fruit salad!! Haha!  But, not today. Maybe tomorrow...

Gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment