Monday, January 16, 2012

1 of 97...

After deciding what to blog about, I've come up with a topic. I'm sure it will be incredibly uninteresting to most readers, but it is something I'm comfortable with sharing on the "internets," so it'll do.

Working out. Blah. I've decided to tackle "Power 90." A toned down version of the infamous "P90X." The first week (which started today) is a special fat burning workout that is designed to boost your metabolism and help you get the energy to do the full 90 days of Power 90.

So, today I have stuck to the diet. I've eaten very few carbs (most of them from fruit and my protein shake), and only low fat snacks (handful of almonds). It's gonna take some effort, but I really want to do this all the way through.

My plan is to work out in the mornings before I get too busy with my day and don't do it. This means on Tues and Thurs I'll be working out at 4:45am. The rest of the days (MWFS), I'll try to have my work out finished by 8:00am. I'm also trying to keep myself from sleeping too late.

I've got a few goals/reasons for doing this work out.
1.) I want to be able to climb a rock wall (specifically, the one at Camp Lakewood)
2.) I want to lose 40 pounds
3.) I want to see pictures of myself and not think I look fat.
4.) I want to be a certified lifeguard at camp this summer (maybe...). A better way to say it is, I want to have the ABILITY to do it. Which I am too out of shape to pass a lifeguard test right now.

So, that's it. Today's work out went well. I didn't push myself too hard, but I was definitely breathing hard and sweating. Hopefully the diet won't kill me. It's only one week. Next week I can start eating more food! Yay!

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment