Friday, January 20, 2012

#5

I've got a feeling that simply saying I did my workout is going to get boring. However, I'm trying to avoid admitting I didn't do it...so...at least I can say I did.

Anyway, to avoid this getting to boring (for me as the writer), I'm going to continue reminding myself why I'm doing this. I've already listed a few things, and obviously general "good health" is a desired outcome, but I've got a few other goals as well.

I should explain that I turn 30 in less than a month. Last year, I had a list of things I wanted to do before I turned 30. However, due to general laziness and being pretty busy, I didn't get around to a few of those things. Now, I'm changing the list to "Thirty while Thirty" or something like that. Meaning, 30 things to do once I turn 30. I haven't finished it, and I'm sure it will be a work in progress, but here are a few of the thing on the list that relate to an active, healthy lifestyle:

1.) Running a half marathon
2.) Doing another triathlon (even a mini-triathlon)
3.) Climbing a rock wall at camp without help
4.) Finishing Power 90
5.) Completing P90X (we'll see if this is even necessary)
6.) Taking a multi-day rafting/hiking trip

I don't have to be a superstar athlete to complete all of these, but in my current condition I would struggle to do several of them, and I KNOW I couldn't run a half marathon or climb a rock wall without someone pulling me up...or even attempt at finishing P90X. So, that's the fitness goals. I'm sure I'll add a few, but I also want my list of 30 things to be varied and not just fitness oriented!

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment