Sunday, January 22, 2012

Review of Power 90 prep week....

Today was an off day from working out. However, I got a little bored, so I went for a 30 minute walk. It felt good-not too strenuous, but I didn't feel lazy.

Since it was my day off, I decided I could have a very moderate dessert. So, at lunch I had about 1/2 cup of fat free vanilla ice cream, and at dinner I ate a very small sliver of coffee cake. It was probably more than a dietician would have recommended (I'm going to assume they would say nothing at all), but it was remarkably less than I would have eaten two weeks ago.

While at the gym (doing my 30 minute walk), I decided to use the scale and see if my weight "guess" was accurate. Turns out I weigh about 10 pounds MORE than I thought. Ugh. Good news, I measured my waist (and only my waist) to compare it to the measurements from last week, and according to the records, I have lost an inch in my waist! That makes the weight disappointment a little less.

As of today, I'm pretty motivated to keep up this diet plan. I know it is better for me to get off my butt and do something productive for my health than it is to sit at a computer all day without any physical exercise. Plus, I REALLY want to climb that wall this summer!

This week I start the "real" Power 90 workouts. I'm glad I did the other video for one week, I think it's going to make this week seem a bit easier since I've already made it through week one--sore muscles and exhaustion. The biggest challenge will be getting up and starting my workouts on Tuesday and Thursdays BY 4:50am at the latest (they are 40 mins long). But, as my WONDERFUL boyfriend tells me, I'm tough, I can do it!

So, here we go, Week 1 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment